21 Mar 2015

Russian Rock and modern Folk, now and then...(part1)

DDT is one of the greates in the Russian rock. Check here some details. I have seen it couple of times here in Finland. It is so nice that we have had the possibility to see so many Russian groups here, and already during the Soviet time. Enriching.

I think it was more or less in the year 1983 or 1984, my first Russian rock music experience. Even if it was only one so called "state band" named "Autograph" together with "Popeda", the Finnish rock group. By the way Popeda means "Victory" translated from Russian into Finnish. This group still exests and performs their own style of music. Not bad - here heavy Popeda for you . Yes I was there in the concert of Autograph and Popeda, in the city of my studies Turku Åbo in Finland in the 80s. This LP of Autobraph was made in the year 1986. The state label of Soviet Union "Melodia"...the history...



And now continuing with Classic Russian rock bands, here for you a band called Aquarium, really classic. Here one tune from Aquarium and one of their records. I remeber, I saw this group for the first time in the eastern paret of Finland, in Joensuu. Joensuu, now 80 km from the Russian border. The year of this performance was more or less 1992 or something like that. And I heard the group or BG, the head of the group Aquarium, so Boris Grebentschikov is coming to Finland soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment