4 Mar 2015

Near Russia...also in a "musical way"???

Yes, in Finland we have a long border with Russia. And I am at the moment traveling to the eastern part of Finland to my home town... My hometown, more or less 80 km from the Russian border.

If you want to feel the spirit of Russia, come to eastern Finland and to Finland. It is the right place to begin your eastern adventures, and then visit from Helsinki on by train St.Petersburg (Pietari in Finnish). Culturally wonderful city! I myself, I am traveling once again to the east...one of my business trips in a week or so. St.Petersburg "ahoi" here I come"!


Yes, Finland. We have here also eastern cooking traditions, as well as western. So in my opinion, we are lucky to live between east and west - And I am proud of that. The culture far more interesting than in Sweden. Sweden is also okay, but they do not have these eastern characters as Finland do. Up to cooking traditions you can see some eastern type of architecture in Helsinki, for example. One of them I call "Russian-Retro"...



I like visiting the "east"....The Russians, they have certain type of melancholy in their music as do we. May be it is too melancholic to the Spaniards? What do you think of this piece performed first of the Finnish artist Kirka and later also one of the Russian artists called Alexander Laminsky. "The Stolen Happiness" in Russian (SkipAd), and the original one in Finnish "Surun pyyhit silmistäni". Yes, I am almost crying now. How wonderful sad!


No comments:

Post a Comment