11 Apr 2015

Barcelona: Running behind or ahead of Time...

I did not know at the first place...Well, it was some 20 years ago. I was in Barcelona during "La Mercè", the anual festival or "Festa major" of Barcelona. It is held around the 24th of September every year. I had picked up the programme of the festivities in the travel agency to know what happens around the city.


I think that specific day of 24th of September was my first day in Barcelona, or anyway the day I had also later in the evening a train to catch. Anyway I wondered until early afternoon, why I missed almost everything that is every Catalonian cultural specialty of that day marked in the programme...I missed even to see the famous Catalonian "Human Towers", the Castells. Then I understood, at this very day the clocks had been turned to winter time! Well, when noticing that I at least did not miss my train...I think after Barcelona I was heading by train to San Sebastian from the "French Station", "Estacio de França" of Barcelona...

...and the Castells I saw did not see earlier than in the year 1995, and that happened in Berlin. They in Berlin had invited to the "House of Cultures of the World", "Haus der Kulturen der Welt" or "The Mussel" or "The Conference Hall" in Berlin a Human Tower -group from Catalonia. By the way, "Haus der Kulturen der Welt" is the place where John F.Kennedy also spoke when visitng Berlin in the year 1963.

No comments:

Post a Comment