7 Aug 2015

Did you know that the Galician Food is among the best ones in Spain?

... But I begin with the drinks, so the Galician red wine and white wine. Admit me, as a foreigner you mostly think Rioja wines when talking about the Spanish wines. But there are good ones also in Galicia, as in general Ribeiro wines and wines from a Godello grape talking about the white wines or wines from the Mencia grape talking about the red wines.



And of course Albariño what the most people know when talking about the Galician wines.


I like more the wine from the Godello grape as the well known Albariño, but that is of course up to you... In Spain you can every now and then also find "cervezas naturales" or "cervezas artesanas"

 

and "Quiemada", of course, but please only in winter. So the the Queimada is a punch made from 
Galician aquardiente (Orujo).


I already talked about Pimientos de Padrón and Pulpo Gallego the other day. Which I liked also 
very much is  the "Chinchos" fish and fish like that...


and "Almejas marineras" of course


and "Empanada gallega" or "Galician pie".


And tomorrow we eat "Zamburiñas", my very favorites...


So go or come to Galicia to taste the Galician food! I do very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment